Sometimes I need to take a step back and remember how amazing we have it in a developed country, and have a good laugh at myself for being worried or angry or stressed about relatively minor things. Perfect examples can be found on reddit‘s First World Problems page. People post their problems that could only happen in a First World country. From reddit:
If it’s a problem you can only have if you have money we’ll feel bad for you. Then we’ll feel guilty for having enough money to have the same problem.
Some favorites from the last time I looked:
- My barista didn’t make any patterns with the milk in my latte this morning.
- My electric toothbrush died and now I have to move my arm.
- Some guy was using the middle urinal.
- My favorite song was used on glee…
- I had my shoes shined and one is shinier than the other.
- My plumber installed my toilet seat off-centered.
- I live in the richest country in the world, but everyone keeps telling me it is collapsing, which makes my brow furrow unattractively while I comfortably sip my latte.
Check it out: First World Problems. Caution: Reddit is potentially a huge procrastination hazard. You’ve been warned!
Image from thechive.com.